Christmas is right around the corner and with Christmas comes a lot of yummy foods and drinks. While we all want to enjoy these things, it’s also a good idea to take extra good care of your oral health these holidays.
Oral Care Advice
In order to take complete care of your oral health this Christmas season, follow the oral care advice given here to end the current season as comfortably as you started it.
- Tone Down Sugar CravingWhile no one expects you to stay away from mom’s famous rum cake or Aunt Betsy’s yummy Christmas cake, it should be noted that these foods and other sweet dishes do have a lot of sugar in them. Just be sure to floss and brush after eating sweet food items this holiday season.
- Stick to Oral Care RoutineEven on Christmas day when it’s time to open presents, it’s important to remember to brush and floss your teeth before opening gifts. Sure, the kids might make a fuss, but it will definitely be worth it in the long run.
- Choose Cheese to ChompFood like cranberries and cheese are actually good for your teeth, in moderation! But, cranberries can also contain a lot of acid which can eat away at your teeth as well. Cheese has also been proven to return your mouth back to its natural acidic balanced self – which helps with preventing tooth decay.
- Remember Teeth Aren't ToolsUsing your teeth for opening bottles or opening packages is never a good idea. Not only can you chip your teeth this way, but you can actually pull whole teeth out right by the root, which will hurt! So, if you need to open a bottle; use a bottle opener.
- Practicing Moderation Helps It doesn’t matter if it’s during Christmas or other food oriented holidays like Halloween or any other time. Moderation in what you eat and drink, along with routinely brushing, can have a good effect on your teeth and gums.
Regular dental check-ups is essential to get any oral health concerns diagnosed early on, for a prompt and precise treatment contact Plaza Dental Group, West Des Moines
Sugar - Free Countdown to Christmas
Since Christmas is really the most fantastic time of the year, it is eagerly and enthusiastically anticipated all over. Because the fun and frolic of Christmas doesn't have to stay for just a single day, you can think of an interesting Christmas countdown with your family!
The Christmas holiday usually brings on a holiday spirit minus healthy eating. Delicacies and sugary treats take over and your whole family gets bombarded with sweets everywhere. Select a way to countdown and feel the magic of Christmas growing around you each day, with healthy nightly snacks for the whole family!
Tap To Call To Get Answers of Your Queries!
Post You May Also Like: