- Noah's Visit to the Dentist by Jupiter Kids This book helps make the experience seem more familiar and thus less scary for the young child who may be facing their first visit.
- Curious George Visits the Dentist by Margaret and H.A. Rey Every child is familiar with this little monkey who gets into all sorts of exciting situations. In this tale he has fun as he visits the dentist.
- Who Needs Teeth by Sally Huss Children learn better when they know "why". This book explains why it is important to take care of your teeth.
- The Teeth That Looked for a New Mouth by Jill Jones What happens when you neglect your teeth? They just may decide to go on a search for someone who will take better care of them and leave you toothless.
- Flossy and Toothy Save Your Smile by Melissa Larsen Flossy and Toothy are animated characters that help a child understand how to care for their teeth.
- Pony Brushes His Teeth by Michael Dahl Pony learns to follow his dad in regards to eating properly and caring for his teeth. Young children will understand the wish to imitate parents.
- The Tooth Book by Dr. Suess In familiar, fun fashion, Dr. Suess relates the importance of tooth care to make teeth last a lifetime.
7 Books That Will Inspire Your Kids to Brush Their Teeth
Children are thrilled about their teeth when they can place them under their pillow for the tooth fairy, but when it comes to brushing them, the thrill quickly disappears. You can buy all kinds of toothbrushes made to make brushing fun and flavored toothpastes help, but children often learn best through story-telling. With that in mind, here are a few books to add to your reading time that will help teach your kids the importance of good dental hygiene.
Category: Family Dentist
Comments are closed