As a Mercury safe dentist, we are aware of the potential for excess exposure to mercury when removing amalgam fillings, and have adapted a number of protocols for reducing the amount of mercury exposure to the patients who are interested, during amalgam removal.
- Providing you with an alternative air source
- Using a cold-water spray to minimize mercury vapors
- Putting a dental dam in your mouth so you don't swallow or inhale any toxins
- Using a high-volume evacuator near the tooth at all times to evacuate the mercury vapor
- Washing your mouth out immediately after the fillings have been removed (the dentist should also change gloves after the removal)
- Immediately cleaning your protective wear and face once the fillings are removed
Schedule An Appointment now